Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Just a thought

I have had something I have wanted to do for a little while. It is one of those things that is always on my mind, something I think I would enjoy, but it just has never had the urgency (and likely never would) to make it to the top of my to do list. So I need a little bit of motivation.


The goal: Have some fun


The background: One of my entrepreneurship professors at Notre Dame gave a really cool assignment to his undergrad students (wish he would have given it to us, but we were operating on a shorter schedule – still not a good excuse). He gave every student $20, and they had to turn that $20 into as much money as they could by the end of the semester. Since he told us about that, I’ve been wanting to do it.


The idea: Sell some of my unused and unwanted possessions and raise $20. Use the proceeds and invest it into something that will turn into more than $20. Then reinvest. Then reinvest. Then reinvest….you get the idea.


Why I’m telling you all about it: It would motivate me if I knew other people were doing the same thing with me. All of our end goals would be different so while it could be a contest just for fun (who could do X by a certain date, or who could do X the fastest, etc.) it wouldn’t have to be. I would like to see personally what I could turn the $20 into in 5, 10, 25 years and occasionally, start it all over again with another $20 just for fun.


So if anyone would like to join me and share in the stories of what you did with $20 let me know. I need a little push and a little motivation.

No comments: